Saturday, January 7, 2012

Welcome to The Middle

Let me just start by saying that I hate politics. I hate the left and I hate the right. I hate the conservatives, and I hate the liberals. Well, maybe hate is a strong word; maybe “dislike” is a better choice. Both sides are so hell-bent on getting their own way that they are pulling the nation further apart than it has ever been. People meanwhile have lost their ability to form their own opinions. The right-wingers watch Fox News and listen to Rush Limbaugh and spew the recycled propaganda generated, and the left does the same with MSNBC and the Keith Olberman types. Me, I listed to both and get aggravated by what I hear on both ends. Does anyone have the ability to form their own opinions anymore? Why is there so much hate from both sides?

When asked what my political beliefs are, I thought about the question and my answer was “Whatever Benefits Me”. That’s how I feel. Politicians on every level whether it be a Town or City Council, Mayor, Governor, or legislator are not in it for the best interest of the “greater good for all” but rather what they can get out of it. The conservatives will tell you that their candidates and their tax cuts for the 1% and perpetual fight against Public Employee’s and their unions are for the “greater good of all”. That we must take care of the “job creators” and spend less. The liberals will tell you that their candidates and their social programs, endless spending, and coddling of illegal’s is for the “greater good of all”. We have to take care of the less fortunate and take more from the rich and powerful so other have a chance. I say that they are both a bunch of liars. They all have their own agenda’s that benefit “them” and not some “greater good”. If through the betterment of themselves and their friends if things get done that actually benefit a great amount of people, then I guess you could say that it makes them a good politicians. So that’s where “Whatever Benefits Me” comes from. I will always vote for the candidate who offers the most to me and my situation, whether that candidate is Republican, Democrat, or otherwise. Does that make me selfish? YUP! Does that make me a hypocrite? Probably. Do I care at this point? NO! We are all in this for ourselves people. Take care of #1.

So why is this blog called “Welcome to The Middle”? Simple, I feel that most of the answers lie in the middle. I am a thinker, I form my own opinions. Opinions are never wrong, they do not have to be agreed with, but they are yours. My opinion is that until we start meeting in the middle we will continue to grow apart as a nation. I think that all the answers, no matter what they are, can be found in the middle. Again, does that make me a hypocrite? Probably, but I really don’t care at this point. In this space in the future I am going to rant about different topics, political or otherwise. I will give you my opinion and while I don’t expect everyone to agree with me I think most people feel I make sense. I am trying to bring common sense to a world where common sense is dead. That sounds like a topic for a future blog. Thanks for reading and I hope to see you soon in The Middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment